Camp Henson

FAMILY FACT SHEET (Important info. "at-a-glance")

MORE IFORMATION ABOUT CAMP (If you want to know more about everything!)



(color)Map of CAMPSITES (PDF)

(black and white) MAP OF CAMP SITES (PDF)

Health Form- page 1 (PDF)

Health Form- page 2 (PDF)

Class 3 Health Form (PDF)

Pictures from 2006

Pictures from Previous Years



Who is Camp Henson For?

Cub Scout Resident Camp is for boys entering the second and third grades. Camp sessions last for 3 days and 2 nights and are geared toward an introduction to the outdoor program of Boy Scouts of America. Activities are developed around Cub Scout requirements and are theme oriented.

Webelos ResidentCamp is for boys entering...the fourth and fifth grades.

Webelos completing fifth grade should contact the Boy Scout Troop they will be joining and make arrangements to attend camp with that Troop.

Webelos Camp lasts for 6 days and 5 nightsfor Webelos entering 5th grade (Aug 4-9) OR 3days and 2 nights (Aug 4-6) and is an introduction to Long-term camping. Special Webelos mini-sessions are also available lasting 3 days and 2 nights for those who prefer a shorter stay. The program in both types of Webelos sessions is developed around Webelos outdoor activities and advancement requirements and is theme oriented.

All resident camp costs (except Trading Post spending money) are included in the camp fee. The pack or den must register as a group (rninimum 5 Scouts) and provide at least two leaders to attend camp with the boys, or each group. The leaders may be den or pack leaders, or other interested parents.


Cub and Webelos Resident camp is an introduction to camping. It is not meant to be Boy Scout Camping, but rather a shorter, less strenuous type of camping. A parent is required to attend with their son. The primary objective is to provide Cubs and Webelos, parents and other leaders with a meaningful, fun filled experience, and to strengthen parent-son relationships. For more information about the program offered for Pack 532 contact Jeff Bell.

Important Information

1. All leaders who are or will be responsible for the group must be registered with the BSA.

2. Balance of summer camp fees are due in the Council Service Center NO LATER than May 15 in order to receive the discount fee. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy.

3. Its the unit's responsibility to be sure that all parents are aware of the following refund policy:

4. PARTIAL REFUNDS for Scout not attending camp will be given only if the unit notifies the Camping Service in writing at least 14 days prior to the unit's scheduled arrival date at camp. There will be no refund for cancellation within two weeks of camp attendance except for medical reasons. Partial refunds for cancellations due to medical reasons will require a doctor's note. The $25 non-refundable registration fee will not be retumed. After June 10, contractual fees increase the non-refundable amount to $50 regardless of the reason for cancellation. Requests for partial refunds must be made no later than September 15. Requests made after that date will not be considered.

5. MEDICAL FORMS are required for every person in camp. The camp must keep these medical forms. Be sure to make copies before you come to camp. Keep the original in a safe place, it can be used again. Copies cannot be made at camp, and they cannot be provided at any later time. Medical forms are required as follows: ( I ) Youth or adults (regardless of age) staying in camp less than 72 hours are only required to provide a Class I Health and Medical Record Form. This form is found on the back of the Cub Scout Application Form. Except see #3. (II) Youth or adults under the age of 40 who are staying in camp 72 hours or more, are required to submit a Class I and 2 Personal Health and Medical Record. This form requires evidence of a physical examination within 36 months of the camp date. The practitioner must either complete the back and sign the form, or a copy of an examination must be attached. Except see #3. (3) Unless you are staying fewer than 72 consecutive hours, adults 40 and over, or any youth or adult who is currently under medical care, takes prescription medication, requires a medically prescribed diet, has had and injury or illness during the past 6 months that limited physical activity for a week or more, has ever lost consciousness during a physical activity, or suffered a concussion from a head injury must file a Class 3 Personal Health and Medical Record. This form requires a physical examination within 12 months of the camp date. No one will be permitted to stay in camp without the proper medical form. These forms can be used again for other activities. BE SURE TO MAKE COPIES OF ALL MEDICAL FORMS BEFORE YOU COME TO CAMP. WE CANNOT MAKE COPIES AT CAMP AND WE CANNOT PROVIDE COPIES AT ANY LATER TIME - NO EXCEPTIONS!


This site is hosted by: